Topshelf Records celebrates 6 year anniversary
Boston’s Topshelf Records (Pianos Become The Teeth, The Saddest Landscape, You Blew It!, Caravels, Code Orange Kids, Slingshot Dakota, etc) is celebrating its 6 year anniversary with a sale and a very cool contest!
“Hi. We’re six years old this week. ~Wyld~. We’re having a sale to celebrate. All Topshelf Records merchandise in our store is 20% off through March 6, 2012. We’re also hosting a fun contest. We’ve shipped out hundreds and hundreds of our logo shirts now and have seen you all posting them on instagram, tumblr, twitter, facebook, etc. We thought it’d be a cool idea to reward the person who has the best picture donning some Topshelf merch with a free subscription to our 2012 catalog (20+ records, mailed to you as they’re released, for free). We’ll also select five runner-ups who’ll get the record and shirt of their choosing from us for free. Seth and I will pick the winners based on a few basic criteria:
- We like Star Fox and video games.
- Dogs, cats and pets are encouraged to participate.
- Exotic locations will be given extra consideration.
- Celebrity cameos are cool too, especially B or C level celebs.
- What else. Definitely get grandma and grandpa involved.
Basically, just get weird with it. We’ll post the winners in mid-March.
We realize not everyone has a tumblr, so there’s several ways to enter:
- Reblog this post with your picture entry (or just tag it #topshelfrecords in a separate post)
- Tweet your picture and tag it #topshelfrecords
- Instagram your picture and tag it #topshelfrecords
- Post your picture on Facebook and tag us in it.
- Don’t have any of the above? Just email us.
Here’re a few varying examples for your reference.
Thanks, everyone! We’re excited about a really busy year with lots of awesome new stuff coming up!”Back to news overview